Coconut provides many health benefits, and one of them is its oil. Use it for treatment or for cooking, coconut oil is very beneficial to use. You can find many companies selling coconut oil, but you can make it in your house too. By making coconut oil in your house, you will know that it is free from any added preservatives or colors.
First gather all these things:
- Container (Must Have Lid)
- Jar (Must Have Lid)
- Cheesecloth (3 layers)
- Take a coconut and split its outer shell with a knife.
- Collect the meat inside the coconut in a bowl after cutting it in half.
- Chop the coconut meat into small pieces with a knife.
- Add the coconut meat from the bowl in the blender. First put it on “Chop” setting for 1min then use the “Blend” setting for 2 – 3mins. Add some water if you think it can help it blend. The coconut mixture in the blender should look creamy and smooth.
- Place the cheesecloth on the bowl. Next, pour the mixture, in the blender, onto it.
- Extract the milk from the cheesecloth by squeezing it hard to get every last drop out of it.
- Put the extracted coconut milk in the jar and let the milk ferment by closing the jar tightly with a lid. Find a dark place and place the jar there for 2 days.
- After 2 days, bring the coconut milk to a warmer area with light for 6 – 8 hours. By now, the coconut oil should be separated from the milk.
- Let the coconut oil solidify by refrigerating the jar for another 3 hours.
- Take out the jar from refrigerator. Use a spoon to gather the coconut oil and pour it in the container (make sure to close it with lid). Let the oil unfreeze at room temperature and you are free to use as you like.